Thursday, November 02, 2006

It was beautiful ...

I had a loooooooooooooooo (lotta "o's", huh?) oooooooooong day at the office today. Stuff flying at me from left and right. Everything had to happen now, everything was not quite working correctly, and it just wouldn't let up. Let me say one thing before I get over the long day -- Microsoft Server Extensions to support FrontPage are *EVIL*. Just my opinion. If you don't agree, keep that shit to yourself.

So, long day, 1/2 of it taken up with training (so I couldn't get the other projects done) and then, get the little things I didn't quite finish during the morning finished before I skipped out the door.

Got home, changed into my running gear immediately. Kissed the wife and away!

I headed West, the sun setting just over the shoulder of Pike's Peak, beautiful colors in the sky and a crisp, cool breeze. I just kind of locked in to my pace and ran. No MP3 player. No distractions, just me and the road. If only it was a little warmer, and a little less pavement, but, no matter. I just put on the miles.

About three miles into the run, I decided to do some wind sprints, just because I need to get acclimated to this altitude. I surprised myself, a little, but enjoyed the feeling of the wind on my face as I pushed just a bit harder. And the sunset was glorious.

The only bad thing about runs like today's is that they have to end some time. I took it easy, just four or so miles, but it was a great way to unwind from a rough day. I think I'll do it again.

No comments: