Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Friday



Monkey Boy, nephew and I went canoing through the lake, and were forced to see things like this Grebe on her nest. It was a rough day ...



We portaged to another lake and fished there as well. The boys rowed very well, but it still took four of their strokes to my one, so I had my hands full keeping the boat going in the right direction.



The Monkey Boy set the tone of the day by catching the first fish. Both the nephew and I caught one as well, but this 21 1/4 inch rainbow (about four pounds!!!) is a trout of a lifetime.



He didn't really clean it, though. That task fell to me. You know that a rainbow trout big enough to fillet is BIG.

2 comments:

Outdoorgirl said...

Wow I am hungry now!

Nick said...

Once again, Brownie has been beaten by an eight year old.