Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Monday



Even on a cloudy, drizzly day, Alaska is gorgeous. This is near the salmon-slaying spot Dad and I went to Monday to pit our intellects against the wily wild salmon of the North.



Vistas like this were the rule of the day. We had a few thin spots in the clouds, not any real sunshine, but with the canopy on the boat and the salmon biting (occasionally), we were plenty warm.



This little cove was full of coho getting ready to run up the creek beyond this neat little outcropping. We caught two of the four silvers of the day here.



This outcrop was at the mouth of the creek. All the views were amazing. I couldn't take enough pictures to do it justice.

The results of a day of beauty and fun in the Prince William Sound?



Dad and me - 8; Salmon - 0

Four Chinook (our limit), three coho and a sockeye.

The smoker is going RIGHT NOW!!!!!

6 comments:

brownie said...

Wow, great pics! Well, until that last one anyways...

Outdoorgirl said...

That is awesome~! You are making me want to do a trip to Alaska. Hey tell you wife Happy Birthday for me!!!

Nick said...

Bring me home some Alaskan microbrew!

Impala Mama said...

Outstanding! What a gorgeous place to call home...enjoy the rest of your visit. I can only imagine how good all those fish must taste.

Killa Guhrilla said...

N.H.W.

What happened to your blog????

Outdoorgirl said...

I moved it becuase I am looking for new employement. Which remindes me I need you delete my Party on the Kimchi Hash BLOG. It has my email and when I google it comes up. So it needs to be deleted of the blog
Thanks