Monday, November 03, 2008

Election eve predictions

OK, I have striven to remain SOMEWHAT apolitical in this blog and, actually, this post is not biased in any way - it is my prediction of the outcome of the 2008 presidential election, but not quite what you think it is.

First, a small bit of background: I work at U.S. Northern Command, which is charged with two primary missions: Homeland Defense and Defense Support of Civil Authority.

My first election prediction: You will hear MUCH more about USNORTHCOM within the next six months. Here's why:

If McCain wins, there will be riots, riots akin to the Watts Riots in L.A. during the last century. USNORTHCOM will come in to the news when local and state governments request federal assistance in quelling said riots.

If Obama wins, after the repeal of the Patriot Act, the hands of government agencies charged with assuring that terrorists never again attack on U.S. soil as they did on 9/11 will be completely tied. All the interagency cooperation which has gone in to ensuring that another large-scale attack, or another attack, period, not occur will be thrown out the window. USNORTHCOM will be called upon in its DSCA role to respond to another major terrorist attack.

No matter who wins, I will be busy. Either way, I'd rather NOT be busy, because, quite frankly, if you hear about USNORTHCOM in the news, other than that we're conducting a training exercise, in my opinion, we're not doing our job right.

6 comments:

Jerri said...

They're the MIB. Only not IB. :-) Do you get a cool memory eraser?

Killa Guhrilla said...

Dood, if they were actually real, I bet we'd have them!

BZZZZT!!!!!

Editor said...

I wrote about this a little while back:

http://jumpinginpools.blogspot.com/2008/10/if-obama-loses-cities-will-burn.html

brownie said...

So if Obama wins, the gov't won't be able to listen in on my phone calls or torture me? Damn it!

Killa Guhrilla said...

In your case, there are already special orders in place.

Pay no attention to the guy in th eblack suit going through your garbage in the morning ...

brownie said...

HA! Don't fuck with the garbage in Manitou, you'll get eaten. Thank gawd for my 2nd amendment right to arm bears!