Saturday, November 15, 2008

You have no personality. You are military.

"You have no personality. You are military."

From my civilian supervisor, I get this. You are military. You have no personality.

Nice. Using that logic, since I am no longer authorized to exhibit my personailty, I must no longer perform my duties with any sort of passion. My passion is a part of my personailty. But no longer will I apply that particular passion to my work. I will simply come in, punch the clock, do my time and leave, and to hell with the people who I swore to protect and defend because that very OATH was based in a passion I contain, a zeal, a love for my nation and the willingness to sacrifice my time, my family, my very freedom for some jackass who tells me I am not authorized to have a personality.

No longer. I won't use my personality, because if I DID use my personality, then I would have to give a shit. And I will tell you right now, the soul-crushing attitude of a supervisor who tells an overworked, underpaid non-commissioned officer that he is not authorized to have a personality is the kind of person our enemies NEED.

No wonder we have such a rampant problem with PTSD soldiers coming back from the war - they're not allowed personalities, and yet, because they are human, they HAVE personalities, and it's the soul-wrenching schism between their own humanity and the system's adamant denial of said humanity which has broken their spirits and their minds.

No personality.

Fine. See if I bust my ass to make you look good for NO reward of any kind anymore. From here on out, you get the bare minimum. I'll waste my PERSONALITY on my family and my home life. Fuck you, fuck this place and fuck the service. If you don't care for the well-being of your personnel, America, then your personnel, your servicemembers, YOUR SOLDIERS, will turn their backs on YOU.

THEN where will you be?

2 comments:

Korrie said...

Baby, this ass obviously doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about. I am sorry that it went down this way but you are very much wanted at home . I finished putting up your I love you walls. I think you may just like it.

brownie said...

I hereby authorize you to drink for whining!