Wednesday, June 13, 2007

This isn't over ...

The Government is just about gone. That's official. I work at homeland defense headquarters for the military and I am telling you, this is something no one was prepared for.

The guards have abandoned their posts. I am about to try and make a run for home. At least I know I have a machete and a few shovels there. I can fight my way through the throng and get some supplies in town before heading for the mountains and safety (I hope).

The command center is pretty much empty. Someone who had already been bitten made it inside the building. They infected most of the rest of the people in the building and everyone who wasn't infected bailed. I am only here because I had the foresight to lock myself into the office. Phone lines are down, the building is operating on backup power alone and we're lucky that we rely on our own satellite uplink to the Internet or I'd have no communications with the outside world.

I have e-mailed buddies in bases across the U.S. and a few in other countries. This thing is world wide.

I'll try to log back in once I get home and share what I've seen. It's only a few miles from here and it's fairly rural, so, hopefully, there won't be too many zombies around. My sources in Europe say they don't seem to notice you if you're covered in their blood, so I'll try to whack a couple of them with this golf club I found while I'm on my way - should create enough gore to get myself smelly.

Cross your fingers and pray for me!

1 comment:

brownie said...

What have you been smoking, and where can I get some?