Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Major setback

I was out for my walk yesterday along Hancock Parkway. I was walking along a slight slope on the side of the road, on what looked like dry ground. As a matter of fact, it was not - there was about 1/4 inch of mud on top of hard-packed ground. My feet went out from under me, more like shot out, and my entire body weight slammed down directly on my bad shoulder, dislocating it.

I spent the rest of my morning and a good part of my afternoon in the emergency room, waiting to get my shoulder put back into the joint.

I have a follow-up appointment with my orthopedic surgeon today.

Needless to say, I will be walking on a treadmill in the gym for a while. Outdoors presents a danger and I am not sure how much of a danger, but we'll find out what the damage is today.

5 comments:

Impala Mama said...

That is horrible!!! I am so sorry, let me know what they say.

brownie said...

Drink for whining!

Can you make it to Red Rocks on Friday? I have some music for you.

Killa Guhrilla said...

I'll try - I actually didn't get to see the doc today - he was in surgery all day, so I had to schedule for Friday morning.

Impala Mama said...

Screw that! Do you have pain meds and stuff? You okay?

Killa Guhrilla said...

I'm ok C-4. I don't think it was as terrible as I was afraid it was. I am holding off of my physical therapy until my appointment this afternoon. I'll go through my exercises with my therapist and we'll see how I am doing. I've been icing it real well and taking it easy.