Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yesterday's run and why the HELL did I wake up at 4 AM?

So, I hadn't gone on a real run for about 2 months when I hit the trail yesterday. My lungs tried to crawl up out of my throat almost immediately. Ugh.

So I worked through warming up by doing some really, really slow wind sprints. I'm talking more like wind crawls here, but hey - I was getting exercise, right?

After about a mile and a half working my way up the paved trail on Sand Creek, my lungs realized I wasn't going to quit any time soon and that they might as well start feeding my poor body some oxygen. I was able to settle into a pace then, albeit a slow one.

All in all, alternating run and walk, I made about six miles and scouted what could be a hellacious DIM-type trail. Gonna see how the running progresses before I commit to haring one of those, though.

Shoulder felt pretty good, but I iced it when I got home anyway, just to help make sure things stay hunky dory in there. I'm going to spend some time exploring Palmer Park today - should be a good day for it.

2 comments:

brownie said...

Drink for whining!

If you wanna come to Manitou for a hike I can give you directions to summit Red Mountain, probably around 8500 feet. Maybe five miles roundtrip from my house.

Killa Guhrilla said...

THAT sounds like fun. Shoot me the directions - heck, I may do it tomorrow!